Constipation during pregnancy is common. Constipation is not only uncomfortable but if not taken seriously in the beginning it can result in complications like hemorrhoids (piles), obstruction etc.
Your pregnancy hormones, growing uterus, vitamins like iron are the contributing factors. This doesn’t mean that you should stop eating your vitamins. Talk to your doctor about this she can help you
You can’t take every laxative available in the local medical store which helps in constipation during pregnancy because some causes early contractions. Only take laxatives that are prescribed by the doctor.
The better way is to prevent constipation from the beginning of pregnancy rather than treating it.
- Drink plenty of water. I know you are already tired of peeing. But this is far better than having constipation
- Eat fiber rich food eg.oat meal, fruits, veggies, beans, brown rice
- Exercise lightly ,helps in digestion
- Eliminate stress and sleep well
- There is an old practice of drinking warm milk and taking bananas at night which ensures bowel movement in the morning when you wake up.
- Ginger tea helps in bowel movement
- Take1 tablespoons of honey in 1 cup of lukewarm water and drink on an empty stomach in the morning.
- Eating apples without peeling on empty stomach.
If its severe talk to your doctor she will prescribe some safe stool laxative. Don’t medicate yourself