Besan cheela are easy to make, low calorie and protein rich. For vegetarians, this is an ideal breakfast or snack option to fulfil their protein needs.
Chickpeas/garbanzo beans are highly nutritious for adults and children. Chickpea flour is one of the common ingredients in Indian household
- It is a rich source of dietary Iron
- Helps in lowering cholesterol especially LDL the bad cholesterol
- Controls diabetes because of its low glycemic index
- Rich in thiamine and vitamin B6: helps during fatigue, regulate mood and appetite
- Rich source of magnesium, folate, zinc and copper.
- It aids in weight loss and improves gut health.
- It has got potential anti-cancer effects.
- Besan/chickpea flour 1 cup
- Onion 1 chopped finely
- Green chilli 1 chopped into small pieces
- Garlic 2-3pods crushed paste
- Ajwain ¼ tsp
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder ½ tsp
- Coriander leaves chopped finely
- Salt to taste
- Water 1 ½ cup
- You can add grated carrot or palak if you want
Mix all the ingredients except water.
Add water little by little until a smooth, lump free, dropping consistency. Heat a non-stick pan. Put 1/2 teaspoon oil/ghee just to smear (olive oil) the pan . Pour a spoonful of batter on top of the pan and spread it. Cook on both sides until cooked. Let it be brown on both sides and crispy