Give your immune system a boost with this garlic soup. To fight off the cold and flu in this winter season and boost immunity, try this garlic soup.
Razia Khanom an accountant by profession, now a stay at home mum running her own small business. She champions holistic health looking after her husband and two young girls. We love variety in our food and our meals are inspired by global cuisine. Always looking for new exciting, healthy and tasty meals
Boost Immunity with this garlic soup
- 2 bulbs (roughly 25 cloves) of unpeeled organic garlic
- 1tbsp butter
- 2 thinly sliced small/medium onions
- 2 tsp ideally fresh thyme
- 2 bulbs of peeled garlic
- 3.5 cups chicken stock
- 100 ml cream
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- Roast your unpeeled garlic with drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper for 20-35 min 350°F till its soft
- Melt butter in thick bottomed pan in medium heat
- Add onions thyme and cook for 10 mins.
- Add the cooked and raw garlic .Cook for 5 mins.
- Add stock. Bring to boil then simmer for 20 mins. In small batches using a hand blender, blend till smooth.
- Add cream and bring it to simmer.
- Place cheese into 4 bowls and ladel in soup. Serve
Benefits of Garlic
Reduces LDL cholesterol.
Antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral.
Helps with iron metabolism.