Sweet potatoes are high in vitamin A, vitamin B5, B6, thiamine, niacin, potassium and magnesium. It is also rich in antioxidants and dietary fiber.
Some moms prefer giving sweet potato as first food. This sweet potato tikki can be given to toddlers as such or as a burger with some grated veggies. For babies this patty can be cut into pieces and given as finger food.
- Sweet Potato – 2 medium sizes.
- Onion – 1 finely chopped.
- 2 small cloves of garlic – chopped or crushed.
- Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp (for babies, toddler optional).
- Garam masala powder (organic or homemade for kids).
- Chick pea flour (besan/kadala mavu) – 2 tbsp.
- 1 tsp lemon juice.
- Salt to taste (for babies less than 1 year please don’t use salt).
- Oil for shallow frying.
Wash sweet potatoes well, chop it and cook until soft in pressure cooker for 3 whistle.Drain the water completely. When they cool down, Peel the skin of sweet potatoes and mash it well without any lumps.
Add all the ingredients except oil and mix well. Shape into medium sized tikkis or patties. Shallow fry till both sides become brown in color.
Serve it with sauce or as a burger with some other grated veggies and sauce. For babies this patty can be cut into pieces and given as finger food.
Follow us for regular updates: www.facebook.com/drmomzine