Soaps or body wash is one of the essential toiletries we buy for our babies. Nothing smells sweeter than a baby fresh out of bath. But have you ever looked at the ingredients of most baby soaps? It’s really scary.
I have used only Himalaya branded soaps for my son since his birth. In fact our whole family uses Himalaya for the new gen babies in the family. It’s not that we don’t know about other eco-friendly or handmade soaps .Well , we use it as it has claimed that there are no HARMFUL chemicals and no complaints till now.
This review is about Himalaya Nourishing Baby Soap enriched with Honey and Milk for sensitive skin.
A herbal product which is hypoallergenic and that no harmful chemicals have been added. No artificial colors added. Mild and soothing soap that nourishes and protect baby’s skin. Soap base made from vegetable origin.
- Honey– moisturizing agent
- Milk– nourishes, soothes and moisturizes baby’s skin
- Ricinus communis (I guess they meant castor oil not the castor bean plant).Castor Oil helps reduce itching, rashes and skin inflammation.
- Helianthus annuus – sun flower (Sunflower Oil is rich in Vitamins A, C, D and E, excellent in helping baby’s skin retain moisture)
- Soap base – vegetable origin
So basically Sunflower oil, castor oil, honey and milk
Himalaya Nourishing baby soap comes in a white and orange paper box.All the information regarding ingredients, claims, price etc is written at the back of the pack.
75 g- Rs 40
125 g-Rs 60
Now available at Himalayastore.com at Rs 54 for 125g
Directions for use:
Wet baby’s face and body. Apply Nourishing Baby Soap generously, gently working up a lather. Rinse thoroughly.
- TFM 78% grade1 soap (higher the TFM the better the soap according to BIS)
- Mild soap with mild fragrance
- Hypoallergenic and no harmful chemicals. (claims)
- No artificial color added
- Soap base made from vegetable origin, not animal fat like most other commercial soaps
- Affordable Rs55 only for 125gm and Rs 35 for 75 gm.
- Easily available in local stores and also online
- Moisturizes the skin, ideal for winter or babies having sensitive skin
One bar of soap lasts more than a month. Even though this is a good thing I want to change the soaps frequently, but Himalaya soaps last soooo long, not like the other mild soaps which melt away faster.
It does sting when it gets in the eye. Washing with water cleanses the eye. It is not “Tear free” which is a good thing as I have read tear free products have neutral pH. Lowering the pH can affect the cleaning property of the soap.
I’d definitely recommend this product for your little one!